26 April 2006

The days tick down...

In two days, I'll be pulling into Maryland. In three days, I'll be eating dinner in Albuquerque. In four (four! FOUR DAYS! ah ah ah!) I will be dining in Santa Fe, and in five days I'll be camped on the south rim of the Grand Canyon, reconstituting some discount dehydrated backpacking meal or other on an alcohol stove.

Words can't really express how psyched I am right now. I haven't flown in far too long, or seen Maryland since the first weekend in February, or EVER been out in the mountains of the Southwest. My pack arrived on Helen's porch today at 1:30pm local time, according to UPS; I've got all the loose vital odds and ends (toothbrush, trial-sized purell, and oh yeah backcountry permit) waiting in my hat... just some packin' tomorrow and I'll be on my merry way come Friday. All four sets of camera batteries have been cycling this week on their chargers, and work has dragged on and on. I'm ready to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're waiting in your hat? Is there still room for the credit card and the condom?

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home