17 May 2006

More fun, exciting, expensive news

So today I ordered me one of these. I'm pretty excited. It'll build up into a 4.5" travel modified single-pivot 29er mountain bike. The wheels are 3" larger in diameter than standard, so it tends to hold momentum better and put a thicker contact patch on the ground at the slight expense of acceleration - and for my tall lanky frame, it'll probably work far better than the old-an'-not-quite-busted mountain bike I'm on now. Very excited. It'll take me a couple of months to get it built up; I'm going to eBay the current bike and build the new one up from scratch with all-new parts, some of which haven't even come out yet. Did I mention I was kinda excited? Dope disc brakes, a sweet fork (but '06 instead of '04, with nicer lowers and jacked up to 100mm travel to match the frame), lots of trick machined aluminum, and handbuilt wheels made of parts from the fine folks at WTB... yeah, I'm excited. Definitely going to require a few months' worth of disposable income to get this puppy built up right, but it'll be so worth it.

I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home